Name: Ms. Biba Homsy
Designation: Founder and Partner at Homsy Legal
Company: Homsy Legal
Biba Homsy is lawyer in Luxembourg and Switzerland. She is active in the Blockchain and crypto space since 2015 and run her law firm Homsy Legal in Geneva and Luxembourg supporting private actors with specialisation in regulatory, compliance, financial services and crypto-assets.
Before that, she was heading teams at the Swiss regulator FINMA for 5 years, and was also Chief Compliance for CREDIT SUISSE where she was in charge of Luxembourg and its European branches (France, Portugal, Ireland, Austria, Netherland) with oversight of 40 people.
She is a lecturer for several universities in compliance, AML and Fintech.
She holds two masters of Laws (French & Swiss Universities) and a certification from Harvard Law School on regulation.
She seats in the board of directors of two major Banks.
With regards to Techs & DLTs, Biba Homsy is very active and is notably:
- National representative on Blockchain & AI ISO International Standards Organisationx
- Scientific Board Member - CAS Digital Finance University of Geneva
- Board member and co-founder OpenVASP – Virtual Asset Service Providers Association - Switzerland
- President of Board and Co-founder Lëtzblock - Luxembourg Blockchain & DLT Association
- Chair Working Group Blockchain and crypto-currencies - Association Luxembourgeoises des Compliances Officers, ALCO